Learning in Forest Park
Forest Park Forever’s education and community outreach programs turn Forest Park into an outdoor classroom for all. City residents of all ages and backgrounds are connected with nature and foster an appreciation and understanding of the many natural and cultural wonders found within Forest Park.
A few highlights from 2016:
- 864 participants took part in our adult education programs, from Birding Basics to Tree ID classes
- 6,940 students benefited from Forest Park Forever-sponsored programs
- 756 teachers benefited from professional development and one-on-one mentoring, including participation in our 16th annual Voyage of Learning Teachers' Academy
- Nature Works: This innovative program brought hands-on experiential conservation education into the classrooms of 185 teachers and 620 students, plus provided 9 high schoolers with paid conservation internships alongside our team
- Forest Park Forever co-hosted the annual BioBlitz alongside the Academy of Science – St. Louis, welcoming over 400 people to Forest Park to learn about and explore the Park's diverse ecosystems